Discussed in the show:
0:29: A debrief of Biden’s coronavirus anniversary speech on March 12
4:01: Eric Boehm’s expertise on the COVID bill’s shortcomings
23:10: Katherine woo-hoos about vaccines
30:24: Cuomo has not resigned yet. Maybe that’s a good thing?
41:33: Weekly Listener Question: I love the aesthetic of the magazine, especially in the early days. I don’t know much about art and design, but I’d like to take that sort of vibe into my home decor. Is there a name of it? Are there a few artists you could tell me the name of that might give me some inspiration?
46:19: Media recommendations for the week
This week’s links:
- “Biden’s ‘Rescue Plan’ Will Sic the IRS on Anyone Who Earns $600 in the Gig Economy,” by Eric Boehm
- “President Joe Biden’s speech on one-year anniversary of COVID-19“
- “Joe Biden Is No Moderate,” by Peter Suderman
- “Lanny Friedlander: The Eccentric Genius Who Created Reason Magazine,” by Matt Welch (video)
- “Cuomo’s Other Victims,” by Liz Wolfe
- Donor-advised funds are the simple, tax-friendly, secure way to give. Why not work with the fund that matches your values? For Roundtable listeners, that’s DonorsTrust. Get your free Donor Prospectus to see how DonorsTrust can be your principled charitable partner at DonorsTrust.org/Reason.
Audio production by Ian Keyser.
Assistant production by Regan Taylor.
Music: “Angeline,” by The Brothers Steve.